Monday 1 August 2011

An ode to the ex

One of my exes stayed over last night. As always he was quiet around me and unfortunatly thought I was sleighting him.

The funny thing is, I actually think of him mist days and think of him fondly..I'll explain why later.

I don't thi j I have ever thanked him, at least notfor the important things.

I have always been the one to make gestures, to take somone for a meal as a date to just try and show my feelings.

I remember traveling to London, it had snowed and this was the last plane, I was stressed because I had lost my wallet and had no cash. The VERY nice man on the Gateick Express had let me get on without charging me and I had gotten to Victoria. In the mean time I had found out that this X was waiting for me. From victoria I had dragged my case through 6 inches of snow to the London Eye...which wasn't fun. And there he was, one of the most beautiful sites I have seen.

Picture this it's winter the southbank is covered in a perfect blanket of snow, with only 2 sets of tracks marinh it's surface. Everywhere is deserted, Christmas lights are still up. And there under the eye, he's waiting. He has long streaked hair and a beard (only person with a beard I have found attractive) and the snow is catching in his hair. He's dressed up, waistcoat long jacket doc martins, and has that goofy smile. He's holding a single red rose.

Ok so flowers not my thing but that must have been one of the most romantic things I have ever had done for me.

The reason I think of him most days is because of a poster outside the coffee room at work. It's a signed poster from a certain production of Othello...which was the first propper date I went on...oh and it was fun

So while he may think I look back with terror in actual fact I wish I had thanked him for caring so much and making my move to London that little less scarey

No comments:

Post a Comment